When the Clash of Clans Spring 2021 update goes live, it will introduce Town Hall 14. As a result, some of the upgrade times and upgrade costs for low- and mid-Town Halls and their associated troops and buildings will be reduced.
This is standard practice any time a new Town Hall level is introduced into the game as it helps lessen the grind for newer players just starting out. While it will still take a ton of grinding and time to hit Town Hall 14, getting through these early Town Hall levels should go quickly so you’re a bit more competitive in battles and Clan Wars.
Cost changes have been implemented from Town Hall 2 through Town Hall 11, with the biggest discounts applied to Town Hall level 7 to 10. The upgrade timers for Town Hall 2 have been reduced by 60 percent across the board, while early Troop upgrades in the Lab have also been “significantly reduced.” Additionally, the upgrade costs for the Barbarian King and Archer Queen have also been reduced from Levels 1 through 50.
Here’s a quick look at the incoming discounts that will be applied once the Spring 2021 update goes live:
Additionally, the cost of upgrading walls at Town Hall 12 and Town Hall 13 has also been reduced by 1M Gold/Elixir each. TH12 Walls will now cost 2M Gold/Elixir, while TH13 Walls will cost 4M Gold/Elixir each.
Certain troops have also had their training times reduced, including Ice Golem (360s → 300s), Witch (360s → 240s) and Super Witch (1200s → 800s). Here are some other cost and timer reductions for new players:
- Town Hall 1-8 cost for Attack Search/Next reduced
- Training Cost: Level 1/2 Barbarians reduced (25/40 to 15/30)
- Training Cost: Level 1/2 Archers reduced (50/80 to 30/60)
- Training Cost: Level 1/2/3/4 Giants reduced (250/750/1250/1750 to 150/300/750/1500)
- Upgrade Cost: Barbarians/Archers reduced at Levels 1-2
- Storage capacity doubled for Elixir Collectors and Gold Mines at Levels 1-4
More from App and Gaming News
- Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.1: Last major update released
- GTA 6: Who is Lucia and what is her role?
- Sonic Dream Team review: A welcome surprise to Apple Arcade
- Is GTA 6 coming to PC at launch in 2025?
- GTA 6 trailer arrives early, confirming 2025 release: Watch it here!
Overall, these are some much-welcomed changes that will undoubtedly help newer players. Starting out a game that is now nearly a decade old can be intimidating, especially knowing there are 14 Town Hall levels. These cost and time reductions should hopefully help newer or low-level players be more competitive quickly.
As for Town Hall 14, Supercell has yet to reveal any new buildings or troops that are exclusive to the new level. We do know Town hall 14 will feature additional unlocks as well as new levels for already existing defenses, buildings and traps; however, nothing new has been revealed for the Spring 2021 update so far. Thankfully, we don’t have to wait long. Supercell has already said more Town Hall 14 news will be shared tomorrow.