The whole world has been put on hold due to the coronavirus outbreak. MLB The Show has been the center of a Players League that has helped unite baseball fans in such a rough time.
When the MLB announced that they would be playing a virtual season while the start of the regular season is on hold, due to coronavirus, there were some mixed feelings. Some people thought that it would be a cheesy type of fill-in, others have thought that it would be a really cool way to see your favorite baseball fans play “baseball” against their favorite rivals!
The Players League is a 29 game, 3 innings a game, regular season. The Players League is played on MLB The Show 20, for PlayStation 4. At the end of the 29 game regular season there will be an 8 team playoff. The playoffs will include the first two rounds being a best of 3 and the World Series being a best of 5. Each MLB team has one actual MLB players representing their team. Here are the following representatives for each team:
- Tampa Bay Rays: Blake Snell
- Toronto Blue Jays: Bo Bichette
- Baltimore Orioles: Dwight Smith Jr.
- New York Yankees: Tommy Kahnle
- Boston Red Sox: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Chicago White Sox: Lucas Giolito
- Minnesota Twins: Trevor May
- Kansas City Royals: Brett Phillips
- Detroit Tigers: Niko Goodrum
- Cleveland Indians: Carlos Santana
- Texas Rangers: Joey Gallo
- Oakland Athletics: Jesus Luzardo
- Houston Astros: Lance McCullers Jr.
- Seattle Mariners: Carl Edwards Jr.
- Los Angeles Angels: Ty Buttrey
- New York Mets: Jeff McNeil
- Philadelphia Phillies: Rhys Hoskins
- Atlanta Braves: Luke Jackson
- Washington Nationals: Juan Soto
- Miami Marlins: Ryne Stanek
- Cincinnati Reds: Amir Garrett
- Chicago Cubs: Ian Happ
- St. Louis Cardinals: Matt Carpenter
- Milwaukee Brewers: Josh Hader
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Cole Tucker
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Gavin Lux
- San Diego Padres: Fernando Tatis Jr.
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Jon Duplantier
- San Francisco Giants: Hunter Pence
- Colorado Rockies: David Dahl
There are also a huge slate of games every single night where thousands of fans all tune in to watch and root for their favorite teams. That is what makes this Players League so special. You can watch every single game that is on every night, on each of the players twitch streams. If you do not know what the name of each players MLB twitch channel is, do not worry, you are not alone. All of the links to each players stream can be found here.
More from App and Gaming News
- Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.1: Last major update released
- GTA 6: Who is Lucia and what is her role?
- Sonic Dream Team review: A welcome surprise to Apple Arcade
- Is GTA 6 coming to PC at launch in 2025?
- GTA 6 trailer arrives early, confirming 2025 release: Watch it here!
This has been a really fun experience to watch and be a part of. The fact that thousands of people are tuning in to watch virtual baseball being played in MLB The Show is something that is unlike anything I have ever witnessed before. As a Chicago Cubs fan myself, I have been rooting for the Cubs very own, Ian Happ, to win the NL Central division. MLB The Show‘s Players League has been something that truly has been fun to keep track of, since this is the closest thing we have to baseball right now .
Since the whole world has been social distancing due to the coronavirus outbreak, there have not been any major sports that have taken place. The only sports that have really been going on are table tennis and E-sports, along with other minor sports as well. This has been a way for baseball fans to connect with one another and socialize about their favorite sports team without actually going out to the ballpark. Instead, everyone is going to their favorite ballpark straight from their computer.
If you miss baseball as much as me, do not let the coronavirus outbreak get in the way of watching and rooting for your favorite team. While this is no where as near the same kind of experience as going to a major league baseball game, it gives fans of those teams something to look forward too every night and see some of their favorite players from around the league. Not to mention, you are able to chat with one another on what is happening during the game straight from Twitch.