Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is set to debut Season 2 on February 7. With a very successful Season 1 heading into the history books, it is time to get excited about the future and what it to come during Season 2. Season 2 has a lot of new content to look forward to, including the addition of a handful of new game modes.
New Modern Warfare 3 game modes releasing during Season 2
- Team Gun Game (Will launch at the start of Season 2): Gun Game has been a staple in Call of Duty for quite a while now, but a new version of Gun Game will be making it's way into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Instead of playing in a Free-For-All, teams will be placed into a Team Deathmatch. Every player on the team starts with the same weapon. For every 10 kills per team, the entire team will spawn with the next weapon. When you reach 70 kills as a team, the team will spawn with the 8th and final weapon in the rotation where it will be whoever reaches 75 kills first wins the match.
- Snipers Only (Will launch at the start of Season 2): A playlist that features a combination of Domination and Team Deathmatch. Every gun in Modern Warfare 3 is restricted except snipers. This is a pure all-out bloodbath where the best snipers will reign supreme. If you are into long range combat, Snipers Only will definitely allow you to get your Snipers fix in.
- Hordepoint (Will launch at the start of Season 2): Hordepoint sounds an awful like Hardpoint and that is because it technically is Hardpoint but with a zombie horde. The game features Hardpoint, but as soon as you are capturing the Hardpoint, zombies will begin to spawn out of a portal. Not only will you have other players to worry about fighting, but you will also have to fight off the zombie horde as well. Every 5 zombie kills count towards one actual in-game kill. This is because you can still earn killstreaks in this game mode throughout the game. Every time you kill a zombie, you have a chance to acquire a Pack-A-Punched weapon from them, along with some other power ups as well. Not your typical Call of Duty game mode, but definitely adds a fun new concept into the game.
- Juggermash (Added at some point during Season 2): Juggernauts are very powerful killstreaks you can acquire in Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer. Juggernauts are a lot stronger than your typical normal Operator and they possess a lot more health than standard as well. If you ever wanted to run around as a Juggernaut for an entire match, you will now be able to do so during Season 2. Interestingly enough, this entire mode will be in third-person point of view.
- Bounty (Added at some point during Season 2): Bounty is Team Deathmatch, but with a twist. The game will be played out like normal TDM, except a bounty will be named. The bounty is determined by the player with the most kills on each team. This bounty target will be refered to as the HVT (High Value Target). Once the HVT is slain, it will grant your team more bonus points and you will be one step closer to victory.
As of right now, these are the five confirmed new game modes that will make their way into Season 2 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Three of the game modes will be seen at launch, while the other two game modes will be added at some point throughout the course of Season 2.
There is always a chance that Call of Duty surprises us with other game modes in the rotation, but these five game modes have been confirmed and will soon be playable for all Call of Duty gamers.