The second and final Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer beta weekend is well underway. Weekend Two, which started on September 22, will run all the way until September 26. This is the final weekend for gamers to try out the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer before it is fully released. The Beta is now open to PlayStation, Xbox, and PC users. However, it is only early access to Xbox and PC users if you have pre-ordered the game and it will become fully public to everyone starting on September 24-26.
With lots of gamers getting to play the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta thus far, there are a lot of changes that are coming with this year’s installment. One of the biggest changes that has come this year is the integration of the new Perk System. What that means is that there is no more choosing three Perks per class before the game begins. Instead, Perks will now be broken down into three categories and only two of them will be chosen to start each match.
New Perk System Explained
The three categories of Perks that are available each match is Base Perks, Bonus Perks, and Ultimate Perks. Base Perks are available at the start of each match. You are allowed to choose two base Perks to start off every match with. Bonus Perks become available after about four to five minutes of each match. From the Bonus Perks, you are allowed to choose one of them to equip along with your two Base Perks. Finally, your Ultimate Perks unlock when you are roughly 8 minutes into each match. This is the final set of Perks you can equip, and you get to choose only one of them.
By the end of each match, as long as they don’t go exceptionally quick, you should have four Perks. However, one thing that should be noted is that the more kills that you accumulate throughout the game, the quicker you will be able to get your Bonus and Ultimate Perks. For each kill that you get, it knocks off about 12-13 seconds of time to acquire those extra Perks.
- Overkill: Carry two Primary Weapons.
- Double Time: Double Tactical Sprint duration with crouch movement speed increased by 30%
- Battle Hardened: Flash, Stun, Gas Grenades, Shock Sticks, and EMP effect reduced from enemy attacks. Also makes player immune to Snapshot Grenades.
- Scavenger: Collect ammo and throwing knives from dead players.
- E.O.D.: Players takes reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives.
- Tracker: Hides kill markers from enemy team, and enemies leave behind footprint trail as well as death markers.
- Pitcher: Throw equipment further and see the line projectory.
- Extra Tactical: Spawn with an extra tactical.
- Resupply: Spawn with an additional Lethal and equipment recharge over 25 seconds.
- Spotter: Allows player to spot enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through wall. These are all highlighted by aiming down sight, and you can hack enemy claymores, proximity mines, C4, and Trophy Systems.
- Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by AI targeting systems, and thermal optics. Does not trigger High Alert warning. Does not highlight in enemy Tactical Cameras, Recon Drones, and Spotter Scopes.
- Fast Hands: Quickens reload, shooting, and changing weapons.
- Quick Fix: Killing players immediately triggers health regeneration, while capturing and holding objectives increases health regeneration rate.
- Focus: Reduce flinch when aiming down sights and extend Hold Breath duration.
- High Alert: Vision pulses when spotted by an enemy player outside of view.
- Ghost: Makes player undetectable by UAVs, Portable Radars, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Hardline: Reduces Killstreak cost by one kill and reduces Scorestreak cost by 125.
- Overclock: Store an additional Field Upgrade charge and increase upgrade charge rate by 40%.
- Survivor: On death, enter Last Stand with the ability to self-revive once per life. Teammates can revive downed players faster.
- Bird’s Eye – The mini map is zoomed out. UAV and Radar pings reveal the enemy’s direction.
Depending on the type of player you are will also depend on the type of Perks that you will use However, there are some Perks that serve better for just about everyone and building a class around those Perks can really help you out long term.