Target has announced its Black Friday 2019 deals, revealing discounts and deals on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch games and consoles.
On the heels of Kohl’s announcing its Black Friday deals, Target has now done the same. The Black Friday 2019 preview highlights the retailer’s doorbusters. Among the deals are a ton of discounts on PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo consoles, games and accessories.
In terms of games, there’s a mix of both new releases and older titles discounted. Perhaps the most surprising game on the list is Need for Speed: Heat, which only releases on November 8. A discount just a few weeks later might hurt initial sales. The games are priced at different tiers ranging from $15 to $45, and there are over 100 titles in total discounted. Here are some of the highlights:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Xbox One/PS4) – $45
- Need for Speed: Heat (Xbox One/PS4) – $35
- Gears 5 (Xbox One) – $35
- NHL 20 (Xbox One/PS4) – $35
- Borderlands 3 (Xbox One/PS4) – $35
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (Xbox One/PS4) – $35
- Mortal Kombat 11 (Xbox One/PS4) – $29.99
- Rage 2 (Xbox One/PS4) – $29.99
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) – $29.99, Doorbuster
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) $29.99, Doorbuster
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One/PS4) – $29.99
- Just Dance 2020 (Xbox One/PS4/Switch) – $25
- Call of Duty: Black Ops IV (Xbox One/PS4) – $25
- Overwatch: Legendary Edition (Xbox One/PS4) – $25
- Aladdin & The Lion King (Xbox One/PS4/Switch) – $15
- Kingdom Hearts 3 (Xbox One/PS4) – $15
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 (Xbox One/PS4) – $15
- Resident Evil 2 Remastered (PS4) – $15
As you can see, there’s a lot of games to choose from, and this isn’t even all of them. The ad highlights dozens of games, but there are easily over 150 titles being discounted.
If you’re looking to purchase an Xbox One, PS4 or Nintendo Switch console, there are multiple Doorbuster bundles.
PlayStation 4 w/ 3 games (The Last of Us Remastered, God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn) – $199.99 (save $100)
PlayStation VR Bundle w/ 5 games (Resident Evil 7 VR, Astro Bot, Skyrim VR, PlayStation VR Worlds, Everybody’s Golf VR) – $199.99 (save $100). As a side note, this is probably a better value than the PS VR bundle offered through Kohl’s which is priced the same but only comes with two games.
Xbox One X 1TB Gears 5 bundle (w/ $40 Target GiftCard) – $349.99 (save $100 plus the GiftCard bonus)
Nintendo Switch w/ Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – $299.99
Similar to Kohl’s, and probably every other retailer, you’ll be able to purchase Xbox One and PlayStation 4 DualShock controllers for $39.99, which is $20 of the normal price. The Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers are also discounted to $59.99 from the regular price of $79.99, so now would be the best time to get another pair if you wanna play local multiplayer with up to four people.
You’ll also be able to save $5 on select gaming subscriptions to Xbox LIVE Gold, PlayStation Plus and Nintendo Switch Online. Shown in the ad are three-month subscriptions to Xbox LIVE and PS Plus, but the Nintendo Switch Online discount seems to be for a 12-month membership.
In addition to gaming-specific discounts, Target also has Black Friday deals on televisions, sound bars, phones and laptops – all of which are useful for games in some shape or form – so be sure to check out the full ad preview here.
When it comes to Black Friday, it seems most retailers will have similarly priced bundles for all three consoles. The major differences are probably going to be discounts on games, and Target sure does have a bunch of them on sale. We’ll likely see some overlap with other retailers as well, so we’ll be sure to post a Black Friday 2019 guide with all of the information on where you can find the best deals.