I’m not sure I know any PC gamer who doesn’t use a headset. Even when I am playing single player games, I would much rather a good set of headphones over my ears versus listening through external speakers. Also, my girlfriend probably doesn’t want to hear all the loud explosions and dying noises constantly either. Along with providing a more immersive sound experience, having a headset with a quality microphone is a must-have for multiplayer gaming.
More from Opinion
- Baldur’s Gate 3 patch #5 introduces game-changing epilogue and modes
- Fallout TV series: A canonical odyssey into the post-apocalyptic universe
- Bethesda’s Starfield faces Steam criticism with developer responses
- Nacon’s Revolution 5 Pro for Playstation: Is it worth it?
- Embracer layoffs: A deep dive into the impact on the gaming industry
While headsets can quickly get pricey, you can still find plenty of quality pairs for budget prices. I’ve always favored the Kingston Hyper X series, and recommend the HyperX Cloud Stinger for only $49.99. If you are willing to go off budget, the HyperX Cloud headset ($79.99) is great quality for the cost. The SteelSeries Siberia 150 headset ($38.99) and the Logitech G230 Stereo headset ($29.99) are also solid options.
Whatever you gift to that special PC gamer in your life, just remember you don’t have to necessarily break the bank buying them that fancy new 1080 GTX graphics card or a 2 TB SSD. There are plenty of budget gifts that will surely bring a smile to both your faces this holiday season!
The views expressed in this article explicitly belong to the author, and do not necessarily reflect the views of, nor should be attributed to, App Trigger or FanSided as an organization.