Season 3 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 kicks off on April 12. There are some big changes coming with the release with Season 3, including a BlackCell Bundle.
The BlackCell Bundle is almost acting like a Premium Battle Pass Upgrade that takes the place of this Season’s Battle Pass Bundle. If you are looking to purchase the BlackCell Bundle, it will cost you $30. It is a little pricier than your average Battle Pass, but it gives you a lot in return.
BlackCell Bundle Contents
- Battle Pass plus 20 Tier Skips
- 1,100 COD Points
- BlackCell Operator named Atom
- A Pro-Tuned Weapon Blueprint, Vehicle Skin, and Finishing Move.
- An exclusive BlackCell Sector within the Battle Pass AO serves as an alternative starting location.
- Immediate unlocking of adjacent Battle Pass Sectors to the BlackCell Sector.
- Additional, BlackCell-only Battle Pass content: Every Season 03 Battle Pass Sector with an Operator Skin has a BlackCell variant (12 Skins in total) to unlock.
- Tons of other items and cosmetics
- 1,400 additional COD points through Battle Pass progression
You get a whole lot of content for $30 and is definitely worth the money if you plan on playing a majority of the full Season 3. However, the main focus of the BlackCell Bundle is the exclusive content that you receive just for purchasing it.
Activision stated on the Call of Duty blog:
"“The BlackCell Sector offers a unique entry point to the rest of the Battle Pass Map that allows you to unlock higher value items (higher tiered Battle Pass items) more quickly and instantly grants you the BlackCell Operator attired in an imposing animated Camo skin, Pro-Tuned Weapon Blueprint, Vehicle Skin, Finishing Move, and 1,100 CP bonus.”"
Based on what we know, you will be rewarded with better items quicker than if you didn’t have the bundle purchased.
Of course, if you didn’t want to spend $30 on the Call of Duty BlackCell Bundle, you aren’t forced to purchase it. You can still purchase the standard Battle Pass for 1,100 COD points and progress on a cheaper budget. However, the way that the BlackCell Operator looks in his golden mask and golden attire may just be a selling point for Call of Duty gamers.